MARS Transformers was notified in April 2022 of a failure at a plant in Ohio and immediately began making arrangements to fill one of our production slots for a new Transformer matching their specification requirements. To support in the interim while the new unit was in production, MARS mobilized a team of technicians to Indiana to disassemble an available 350MVA Transformer and prepare it for shipment to the site. Please see the timeline of events below that took place over the course of 12 months as we worked to get our customer back up and running.
- April 2022: MARS is notified of customer’s Transformer failure and fills production slot of New 220MVA 345kV Transformer
- Mid-April 2022: MARS disassembles and ships temporary 350MVA Transformer from Indiana -> Ohio
- Early June 2022: MARS installs and assembles temporary 350MVA Transformer in Ohio
- Early March 2023: The New 220MVA Transformer arrives onsite and MARS disassembles and relocates the Temporary Transformer
- Mid-March 2023: MARS assembles the New 220MVA unit.
- Late March 2023: The 350MVA is re-assembled at a separate location onsite to serve as a spare unit.
In cooperation with our partner company HLI Rail and Rigging, MARS was able to serve as a single point of contact for the supply, delivery, and installation of both the temporary 350MVA and new 220MVA Transformers.